Fighting Cancer with Soul-Savers.com
The Budwig mixture/diet to save your life or cure your disease.
Heal your body, mind and spirit.
“When we consider healing the body, we like to use the analogy of a fish bowl……. Imagine a fish that is sick in his fish bowl. Conventionally, the fish and his symptoms would be treated. We believe in treating the water…… Fix the water and you fix the fish…… Only when the fish is living in a clean and clear environment can he heal…..thrive.….prosper…..” – Dr. Randy Johns
The Budwig Mixture
The Budwig Diet, meaning the Budwig Protocol is not actually not a “diet,” but rather a specific mixture is necessary for many alternative treatments; from type 2 diabetes to cancer to heart disease to auto-immune diseases, etc.
Its purpose is to energize the cells by restoring the natural electrical balance in the cell. Many human diseases are caused by “sick cells” which have lost their normal electrical balance; generally via a lower ATP energy in the cell’s mitochondria.
One thing to understand, and this is critical, is that the WHOLE purpose of the Budwig ‘Diet’ is to convert oil-soluble omega-3 fatty acids into water-soluble omega-3 fatty acids.
This is why it is so important to add things to the mixture in the right order. If you mix them in the wrong order you may lose a lot of the opportunity to convert the oil-soluble omega-3s into water soluble-omega-3s.
Here are the ingredients to make the Budwig Diet and how to mix them together.
ITEM #1: REFRIGERATED, LIQUID FLAXSEED OIL
This is generally purchased at a health food store. For people who do not live near a health food store they can order it over the Internet. Even if it takes a few days of travel to arrive at your house, leaving it unrefrigerated for this period should not affect the product. But after it arrives refrigerate it.
The key is that it is liquid and has far more omega 3s than omega 6s. For example, my bottle (Barlean’s) has 6,200 mg of omega 3s to 1,810 mg of omega 6s. The reason for this ratio is that a normal diet will have far more omega 6 than omega 3, thus the supplement must havefar more omega 3 than omega 6.
One main issue is “lignans.” Lignans are particles which contain fiber. Some people claim you should buy non-lignan versions of flax oil and some people suggest you buy high lignan varieties.
The answer really depends on what you are using it for. For example, if you are using it for stomach cancer, and are on the Cellect-Bugwig protocol or Bill Henderson protocol, then you definitely need the “high lignan” version. This is because the stomach needs the fiber.
On the other hand, Mike Vrentas recommends no lignan varieties for other types of cancer patients. However, his reason is that it is hard to tell when the lignan version becomes rancid. This is generally not an issue in high volume health food stores.
What you use is up to you and your research.
MAKE A NOTE TO YOURSELF to shake the flaxseed oil well before putting it in the bowl.
ITEM #2: COTTAGE CHEESE (U.S. VARIETY) OR YOGURT
Here are the basic instructions on how to make the Budwig Mixture.
Grind with a small coffee grinder (1) Tblsp of Flax Seed and put in a small bowl. Do not buy pre-ground flax seed as the flax seed goes rancid 15 minutes after grinding. Brown or Golden whole Flaxseed is available and either will work. Grind fresh each time.
We have always recommended using the immersion [stick or wand like] mixer for the Flax Seed Oil and Cottage Cheese. Here is a link to a recommended immersion mixer:
Mix (4) Tbs of organic 2% low fat Cottage Cheese with (2) Tbs organic cold pressed Flax Seed Oil commonly referred to as (Flax Oil). It is best (not) to use Flavored, Lignum or Highest Lignum Flax Oil. Two good flax oils are Barlean’s or Spectrum’s cold pressed organic flax oil. This can be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery or health food store. Never off the shelf. Never capsule or flakes. Watch the expiration date. Blend the flax oil and cottage cheese together with theimmersion blender until reaching a creamy quality and the oil has been absorbed. There should be no standing oil. Then add to this mixture if needed, 1-3 Tbs of low fat milk for a creamery mixture and (stir with a spoon) no blender. This mixture should then be poured over the freshly ground flax seed and mixed together by spoon; again no blender. The ratio may be adjusted for smaller or larger proportions. A rule of thumb to keep in mind is one tablespoon of oil to two tablespoons of cottage cheese. The amount of milk can be adjusted as needed for consistency and easier blending. Once the mixture is completed it must be eaten immediately for best results. Make fresh each time. Here’s the link to the (YouTube) page showing how to combine the Flax Oil and Cottage Cheese in a video.
The above mixture can be flavored differently every day by adding nuts, preferably organic such as pecans, almonds or walnuts (not peanuts), banana, organic cocoa, shredded coconut, pineapple (fresh) blueberries, raspberries, cinnamon, vanilla or (freshly) squeezed fruit juice. It’s usually best to place the fresh fruit on top of the completed mixture and enjoy as its own meal. Try your best to obtain organic fruit when possible. Many times this can be found frozen when not in season.
The above protocol should not be consumed with any other supplements, foods or oils at the same time. This should be a stand alone meal.
Dr Budwig pointed out that people who are suffering from Chronic or Terminal disease should work themselves up to consuming 4-8 Tblsp of the oil daily. Usually the higher limits 6-8 Tbs were for people with cancer. She stated, people with Liver or Pancreatic Cancer etc, may have to work up very slowly with the oil and possibly only start with 1 teaspoon at a time giving their body time to adjust. Dr Budwig pointed out that cancer patients once starting the protocol and getting it under control must continue with a maintenance dose to prevent reoccurrence. A maintenance dose is considered (1) Tbs of the oil per one hundred pounds of body weight. The Budwig Diet takes time to work and in the event of cancer may take 3-6 months. Many other health issues can be much faster in responding.
ITEM #3: CINNAMON
Each brand of cinnamon has an oil content. For diabetic patients it is critical to go to a health food store and buy the highest percentage of oil as possible. Cinnamon mimics insulin, thus by adding cinnamon you may need less insulin immediately.
For everyone else, the main purpose of the cinnamon is to kill the taste of the flaxseed oil and cod liver oil, so the oil content is not that important.
ITEM #4: MANDARIN ORANGES OR SOME OTHER FRUIT
The sole purpose of this item is for taste, thus add whatever fruits you wish.
FINAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS
You must consume the Budwig mixture within 20 minutes of making it. Do NOT make more than you need and do not refrigerate the leftovers!!!
Also, don’t forget to put the cottage cheese into the bowl first, then the flaxseed oil. THEN mix the two together before putting anything else in the bowl.
See the individual treatment articles for more information on how to use the Budwig Diet for that particular health condition.
-As soon as you wake up on an empty consume two big glasses of filtered water 16oz-
Make the Budwig Mixture and eat for breakfast immedietly.
8oz Beet and/or carrot juice OR 2 pieces of whole fruit
1. Cottage Cheese Salad – Mix cottage cheese vigorously with linseed oil/extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs, vegetables, spices such as dill, onions and garlic. Prepare to taste: you can also add radishes, apples, cucumbers, raisins, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce and beets.
2. Cooked/Grilled vegetables including the family of cauliflower, broccoli, beets, zucchini, asparagus – seasoned to taste.
3. Fresh fish grilled, baked or cooked 2 times per week maximum. Remove the skin. Served with buckwheat or brown rice together with herbs.
4. Organic Pasta Sauce with pine nuts and black pepper and brown rice/buckwheat.
Rice cakes, piece of fruit or a Protein Shake
1. Vegetable soup with buckwheat herbs and flaxseed oil
2. Any lunch option above
BEFORE BED SNACK
Make the Budwig Mixture and consume immediately
Preparation for the cleanse:
In order to prepare for the liver cleanse it is suggested to go on a vegetarian diet for three (3) days prior. A Wednesday, Thursday and Friday work well so that you can cleanse on the weekend. You should eat a diet including raw or cooked fruits and vegetables of all varieties and quantities so long as you pass them through a blender or food processor. You may drink herbal teas and season food with herbs and spices to taste. Exclude the following though:
PREPARATION DAY 1-3
– No Meat
– No Breads
– No Fish
– No Coffee
– No Dairy
LIVER CLEANSE DAY 4
– 1/2 Cup Organic Olive Oil Extra Virgin
– 1Big grapefruit (or 2 small) (If no grapefruits available use 3 lemons)
– 4 tablespoons EPSOM salts
– 3 cups filtered water
– A plastic straw and spoon
1. Choose a day like Saturday for the cleanse to be able to rest the following day.
2. Take no medicines, vitamins or pills that you can do without as they could prevent success.
3. Eat a no-fat breakfast and lunch. Rather have cereals with fruit, fruit juice, bread and honey (no butter or milk),
4. Eat a baked potato for lunch with salt only as this allows the bile to build up and develop pressure in the liver. The higher the pressure the better the cleanse will work.
4. Finish drinking and eating before 2 p.m.
START OF CLEANSE
Do not eat or drink after 2 o’clock. If you break this rule you could feel quite ill later.
Get your Epsom salts ready. Mix 4 tbs. in 3 cups water and pour this into a jar. This makes 4 servings, 3/4 cup each. Set the jar in the refrigerator to get ice cold (this is for convenience and taste only).
Drink one serving (3/4 cup) of the ice cold Epsom salts. If you did not prepare this ahead of time, do it right now. You may also add 1/8 tsp. vitamin C powdered to improve the taste. You may also drink a few mouthfuls of water afterwards or rinse your mouth. Get the olive and grapefruit out to warm up.
Repeat by drinking another 3/4 cup of Epsom salts. You haven’t eaten since two o’clock, but you won’t feel hungry. Get your bedtime chores done. The timing is critical for success; don’t be more than 10 minutes early or late.
Pour 1/2 cup (measured) olive oil into the pint jar. Squeeze the grapefruit by hand into the measuring cup. Remove pulp with fork. You should have at least 1/2 cup, more (up to 3/4 cup) is best. You may top it up with lemonade. Add this to the olive oil. Close the jar tightly with the lid and shake hard until watery (only fresh grapefruit does this).
Now visit the bathroom one or more times, even it makes you late for your ten o’clock drink. Don’t be more than 15 minutes late.
Drink the potion you have mixed. Take 50 drops of valerian extract with the first sips to make sure you will sleep through the night (if you consider that you may have difficulties sleeping). Drinking through a large plastic straw helps it go down easier.
Take it to your bedside if you want, but drink it standing up. Get it down within 5 minutes (fifteen minutes for very elderly or weak persons).
Lie down immediately. You might fail to get stones out if you don’t. The sooner you lie down the more stones you will get out. Be ready for bed ahead of time. Don’t clean up the kitchen. Do not do anything and forget about any worries for tonight. As soon as the drink is down walk to your bed and lie down flat on your back with your head up high on the pillow. Try to think about what is happening in the liver. Try to keep perfectly still (like a statue) for at least 20 minutes. You may feel a train of stones traveling along the bile ducts like marbles. There is no pain because the bile duct valves are open (thank you Epsom salts!). Go to sleep. You may fail to get stones out if you don’t.
Next morning. Upon awakening take your third dose of Epsom salts. If you have indigestion or nausea wait unit it is gone before drinking the Epsom salts. You may go back to bed. Don’t take this potion before 6:00 AM.
2 hours later.
Take your fourth (the last) dose of Epsom salts. You may go back to bed.
After 2 more hours you may eat. Start with fresh fruit juice. Half an hour later eat fruit. One hour later you may eat regular food but keep it light. By supper you should feel recovered.
How well did you do?
Expect diarrhea in the morning. Use a flashlight to look for gallstones in the toilet with the bowel movement. Look for the green kind since this is proof that they are genuine gallstones, not food residue. Only bile from the liver is pea green. The bowel movement sinks but gallstones float because of the cholesterol inside. Count them all roughly, whether tan or green. You will need to total 2,000 stones before the liver is clean enough to rid you of allergies or bursitis or upper back pains permanently. Never cleanse when you are ill.
Sometimes, the bile ducts are full of cholesterol crystals that did not form into round stones. They appear as a “chaff” floating on top of the toilet bowl water. It may be tan colored, harboring millions of tiny white crystals. cleansing this chaff is just as important as purging the stones.
How safe is the liver cleanse? It is very safe. This is based on over 1500 cases, including many persons in their seventies and eighties. None went to the hospital; none even reported pain. However it can make you feel quite ill for one or two days afterward.
This procedure contradicts many modern medical viewpoints. Gallstones are thought to be formed in the gallbladder, not the liver. They are though to be few, not thousands. They are not linked to pains other than gallbladder attacks. It is easy to understand why this thought: by the time you have acute pain attacks, some stones are in the gallbladder, are big enough and sufficiently calcified to see on X-ray, and have caused inflammation there. When the gallbladder is removed the acute attacks are gone, but the bursitis and other pains and digestive problems remain.
1. Fill a bath 1/3 full of hot water to the maximum temperature you are able to tolerate
2. Add 2 kilograms of BAKING SODA and stay in water for 20 minutes after which you can rinse/shower. Do so 7 times every other day.
1. Fill a bath 1/3 full of hot water to the maximum temperature you are able to tolerate
2. Add 2 kilograms of SEA SALT and stay in water for 20 minutes after which you can rinse/shower. Do so 7 times every other day.
*These treatments can be alternated daily for a total of 2 weeks before resting for 2 weeks and repeating.
*Duration of therapy would depend o your treatment plan.
FLAXSEED OIL ENEMA
Complete a 15 minute ENEMA of flaxseed oil with 250ml per day, for 3 consecutive days.
* Stop for one month and repeat
* Duration of treatment will be determined by individual treatment plan.
* Do a warm water enema afterwards to remove any remaining oil otherwise you will leak oil thought the day.
Why in the world would someone use coffee in an enema? That is the question I asked when my health practitioner suggested I do coffee enemas. Yet, when I got over my initial resistance, I quickly noticed the many benefits of coffee enemas.
History of the Coffee Enema. Enemas are an ancient form of hydrotherapy. They have been used for thousands of years for mechanically cleansing the colon. This is proven in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Enemas and colonic irrigation were used routinely in hospitals. Coffee enemas were mentioned in older editions of the Merck Manual, a handbook for medical physicians. They were later popularized by Max Gerson, MD, author of A Cancer Therapy – Results of 50 Cases.
Dr. Gerson pioneered nutritional therapy for cancer and other diseases with excellent results. His therapy combined coffee enemas with a special diet, juices and other supplements. The enemas were an integral part of the therapy.
Benefits. The major benefit of the coffee enema, according to Dr. Gerson, is to enhance the elimination of toxins through the liver. Indeed, endoscopic studies confirm that the coffee enema increases bile output.
To test this idea, a patient was given a coffee enema while an endoscope (a thin tube with a camera on the end to view the intestine) monitored the entrance to the common bile duct. Within minutes of administering the enema, bile flow increased.
Increased bile flow also alkalinizes the small intestine and promotes improved digestion. Coffee also acts as an astringent in the large intestine, helping clean the colon walls.
A common contributor to ill health is the production and absorption of toxins within the small and large intestines. If food is not digested properly, sugars ferment and protein putrefies or rots. Both processes generate toxic chemicals, which are then absorbed into the liver.
The coffee enema enhances digestion by increasing bile flow and removes toxins in the large intestine so they will not be absorbed. Most people with health complaints suffer from impaired digestion and excessive production of toxic substances in the intestines.
Coffee enemas are particularly helpful for slow oxidizers. Their liver activity is more sluggish and digestion is usually impaired. Fast oxidizers may have more difficulty retaining the enema.
The procedure described below is really a coffee implant rather than an enema, because it involves only two to three cups of water. Using more water than this may make the enema more difficult to retain for some individuals and is not really needed in most cases.
If you wish, however, the use of a quart of water, and making sure the water reaches most of the large intestine, is more helpful for cleansing the colon of accumulated waste material. If one suspects severe bowel toxicity or in cases of serious illness, quart enemas are preferable, at least to start with.
How Often And How Long? usually suggest one enema per day to assist detoxification or to enhance liver activity. Two enemas daily may be taken during a healing reaction if needed. For those who are very ill, several a day may be best for at least several months. (Dr. Gerson, by the way, used six coffee enemas daily for cancer patients.)
For best results, a program of coffee enemas should be carried on for at least a month. They should not be needed for more than two to five years, although many people have continued to take them for a number of years without problems.
The best time to take the enema is after a normal bowel movement. One will get a slight rush from the caffeine, but it is not like drinking coffee, which I do not recommend. Coffee enemas taken in the evening may interfere with sleep.
If performed properly, coffee implants do not cause habituation, constipation or any rectal problems. The exception is if there are significant hemorrhoids, rectal fissures or other rectal problems. In these cases, extra care is needed in inserting the enema tip.
Some people with hemorrhoids find enemas irritating and cannot do them. This is one of the few contraindications for coffee enemas. While enemas may seem uncomfortable, many clients report the procedure is so helpful they soon forget the inconvenience.
Step 1. Materials
* Buy a 2-quart enema bag with a clamp. An enema/douche bag combination is easier to use because you can close the top.
* Buy any brand of preferably organically grown coffee. It must be regular coffee – regular grind or flaked. Do not buy instant coffee and do not buy decaffeinated coffee. Organic coffee is available at natural food stores and at many supermarkets as well. Be sure to keep opened coffee containers in the freezer for maximum freshness.
Step 2. Preparation of coffee
There are three methods. The first two are a little better, but any of these will work.
1) The boil method.
* Place 2 to 3 cups of purified water and one-half to two tablespoons of coffee in a saucepan and bring to a boil (or use a coffee maker to percolate the coffee quickly).
NOTE: The first time you do a coffee enema, use only1 teaspoon, NOT TABLESPOON, of coffee. This is critical because some people are sensitive to caffeine and will feel very jittery on more coffee. After a few enemas, you will see how much coffee you can tolerate comfortably. Ideally, increase to two tablespoons per enema.
* Let it boil 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow it to cool. One or two ice cubes may be added to speed the cooling process. You may make a larger quantity and use it for several enemas.
Tricks to speed up cooling the boiled coffee. 1) Boil only a little of the water with the coffee. Once it has boiled, add the rest of the water to the coffee mixture to cool the entire amount down to body temperature.
2) Pour the coffee mixture back and forth several times through the air from one container to another, even from the enema bag back into a cool pot. This will also cool it much faster.
NOTE: Body temperature feels hot when you place your finger in it. If the water is too hot or too cold, retaining the enema will be more difficult.
* Only when the mixture is about body temperature, strain the liquid through a fine strainer or coffee filter paper into a clean enema bag. Screw on the top of the enema bag. The enema is now ready.
2) Using a coffeemaker. This is more convenient for some people than the method above. The coffee does not come out quite as strong, so you may be able to use a little more coffee. Simply place the water and ground coffee as above, but use a coffee maker.
To cool the coffee after it percolates, you may leave it in the cup for a few minutes, or start with only half a cup of water and add a room temperature water to the coffee after it is percolated.
3) The non-boil method. This is not quite as powerful but may be used if time is very important:
* Place 1 cup of ground coffee in a container with 2 cups of water. Stir the mixture thoroughly and allow it to soak overnight.
* In the morning, filter the liquid through coffee filter paper or a fine strainer. Place in a jar for storage in the refrigerator.
* To prepare an enema, pour 2 cups of purified water into the enema bag. Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of the coffee liquid from the jar.
Step 3. Preparing to take the enema
* Have a bowel movement before doing the enema. This is important, as otherwise you will not be able to retain the enema in most cases and there could be a mess on the floor! To have a bowel movement, the best method is to drink many glasses of spring or distilled water beforehand. You may also have something to eat or even use a laxative like prunes if needed.
If you have not had a bowel movement, take a plain water enema first, before the coffee enema. This will usually clean out the bowel quickly and effectively.
* Be sure the plastic hose is pushed or fastened well onto the enema bag and the thin enema tip is attached to the other end.
* Remove any air from the enema tube the following way. Grasp but do not close the clamp on the hose. Place the tip in the sink. Hold up the enema bag above the tip until the water begins to flow out. Then close the clamp. This expels any air in the tube.
* Lubricate the enema tip with a small amount of soap or oil. (Too much lubrication will cause the tip to fall out of the rectum, creating a mess!).
Step 4. Taking the enema
* The position preferred by most people is lying on one’s back on a towel, on the bathroom floor or in the bathtub.
* With the clamp closed, place the enema bag on the floor next to you, or hang the bag about one foot above your abdomen.
* Insert the tip gently and slowly. Move it around until it goes all the way in.
* Open the clamp and hold the enema bag about one foot above the abdomen. The water may take a few seconds to begin flowing. If the water does not flow, you may gently squeeze the bag. If you develop a cramp, close the hose clamp, turn from side to side and take a few deep breaths. The cramp will usually pass quickly.
* When all the liquid is inside, the bag will become flat. Close the clamp. You can leave the tube inserted, or remove it slowly.
* RETAIN THE ENEMA FOR 15 MINUTES (less time is okay, but not quite as effective). See below if you have difficulties with this. You may remain lying on the floor. Use the time to read a book, meditate, etc. Some people are able to get up and go lie on a towel in bed, instead of on the floor. Walking around the house with the coffee inside is not recommended.
A small number of people are unable to retain even a cup of water for the required 15 minutes. One can start with less coffee or less water in these cases. There seems to be no harm if one wishes to retain the enema longer than 15 minutes.
Step 5. Finishing up
* After 15 minutes or so, go to the toilet and empty out the water. It is okay if some water remains inside. If water remains inside often, you are dehydrated.
* Wash the enema bag and tube thoroughly with soap and water.
* if you feel out of sorts or a little bloated after the enema, rub the top of the toes of both feet, but particularly the left foot. You can also rub the entire foot, especially any part that is tender. This will often balance out the body’s energies after a coffee retention enema
Colon Cleansing is about as pleasant as it sounds but it will rear (boom!) it’s head during any toxin removal research. It’s also critical for the removal of parasites, something that 85% of the population in the States suffer from. So you and I more than likely have parasites in our colon. We just choose to keep feeding those nasty suckers rather than flushing them out.
COLON CLEANSING WITH GARLIC
The colon is surprisingly long, at 1.6 meters long, and a processing / storage facility for faeces. As you can suspect, it’s a breeding ground for disease and inflammation, which makes it unsurprising that one of the cleansing techniques is a Noah size flood. Colonic practitioners and various websites will tell you one to five kilograms of wastage is sitting there! Forget Jenny Craig, grab the garden hose!
One of the colon cleansing therapies that I haven’t been game to try just yet is the garlic enema.
WHY IS GARLIC GOOD FOR COLON CLEANSING
Garlic is a powerful antibacterial and anti-parasitic which is a tremendous aid to your digestive tract. The cloves contain a germicidal agent that kills parasites and their eggs. So up the garlic! You could ingest it orally but where’s the fun in eating more homemade pasta :)? The garlic enema will supercharge your results.
GARLIC ENEMA RECIPE
- Boil 1 litre of water on the stove
- Turn off the stove but leave the pot there
- Add in three to six crushed garlic cloves (three for beginners, then work your way up)
- Let the water cool down to room temperature by letting it sit for just over an hour
- Strain the garlic out, using the remaining liquid to fill an enema bag
- Apply enema and try to hold the concentrate internally for 10-15 minutes to maximise it’s effectiveness
Please visit the soul-saver.com website for all the information on staying fit and fighting cancer and other diseases. Thanks, Greg Pierce @ Positive Vibrations